Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sour Cream and Peanut Butter

Always at a loss of getting my kids to eat, I'm more than willing to try new things! They eat what their body needs, so I've been told, and that can consist of nothing but peas for days on end followed by a declaration that they will never again eat peas - EVER! So my youngest, Lil L, has some odd tastes. I'm eating a homemade quesodilla one day and she sits down next to me and declares " I want some that!" She is pointing at the sour cream on my plate. I figure what the heck, and give her a spoonful. She proceeds to eat said spoonful and demands more. I had already given her a spoonful of peanut butter prior to this and now I look over and she has a spoon in each hand - sour cream and peanut butter. I gag....but think, well it IS dairy and protein...can't be that bad.

This odd combo of sour cream and peanut butter has been a surprisingly consistent staple in her diet, as some friends recently got to witness while over for dinner one night. L takes her spoonfuls, leaves the table, then returns about 5 mins later. She looks at us and says "Shtuck-a...in..muh..mouf!" We are laughing and say "what?" she repeats even louder "SHTUCK-A in muh MOUF!" "NEED JUICE!!" Ahhh....the joys of peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment