Thursday, August 27, 2009

Too long!

So, it's been four months since my last post - yikes!! Life has been wonderfully insane...we passed the summer away at Six Flags, the pool, museums, playing - anything to keep the kids busy and cool in the 100+ degree heat that still isn't gone yet! TOO HOT in TEXAS!! I was telling someone last night that every day was cloudy in Germany and we would beg for the sun...now every day in TX is sunny and we beg for the clouds - too funny!

I started two jobs - one as accompanist for the Traditional service and as accompanist for the Protestant Praise and Worship service. It's great to be working for the Chapel again and God is definitely stretching me as a musician - I'm playing the organ now!! AHHHH!! But every Sunday gets a little easier and the job is perfect for our family.

John is doing great - loving his job and pins on Major this Monday!! Major Decker - thank you Jesus!! What an amazing military career he's had and God's blessing has just been so overwhelming!!

Nicole started 4th grade - loves it! Her teacher is brand new and VERY young - so good to see all her creativity isn't squashed! Kids have it so easy in school these days - never thought I'd say that :) Anson started 1st grade and he says "I think my teacher is the nicest lady I've ever met!" Lil L starts preschool Monday - three days a week in the mornings. She is excited and always leaves the house with her backpack asking if it's a school day for her! Too cute! They are good kids and I"m so proud of them!

Nicole will be baptised Sat in a pool - I love our church :)

Well, that's all for now...I need to do this more often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment